Holidays are fast approaching and we’ve been contemplating the best gift ideas for family and friends. Proper gift-giving requires thoughtfulness and planning, but finding the right gift for all of those special someone can get overwhelming. Want a tried and true approach to gift-giving? Start by picking up your favorite device and scrolling through your photo library, it’s a treasure trove of unwrapped presents.
Today we live in a world where everyone takes photos, sometimes capturing dozens a day. A selfie here, a candid there, often for instant gratification in the form of a social media post, or for sharing in real-time with friends, and then forgotten. Even more, photos stay sitting on hard drives or in-camera rolls never to be seen or utilized. For posterity perhaps? Only if the future knows where to find them.
Remember developing a roll of film and flipping through each print excitedly, reliving the moment portrayed in each one? Chances are you’d run home to frame a few for yourself or others, tack one up on the refrigerator, or get to work on a photo album or scrapbook. With today’s dependence on digital photography, it can seem like a novelty to even make a print, giving extra impact to that physical object. Just try to walk by a beautifully framed photo of your child or grandchild without smiling or experiencing a moment of pure happiness.
This holiday treat your loved ones to a cherished photo gift and watch them light up with joy and appreciation. It’s a feeling they’ll get to experience, again and again, every time they see it–making for the ultimate gift that keeps on giving.
Need some ideas? Check out this list of our favorite photo products that we have available to our clients all year long.
- Holiday Cards We can custom design holiday cards right in our West Tisbury studio, tailored to your specifications. Choose two to three favorite photos from 2018, and a favorite holiday greeting, and we’ll put together a compelling card that anyone would love to receive
- Bound Book or album Simply put everyone loves a well-produced photo album, but people rarely get around to assembling one. It’s easy to skim and can be shared on your coffee table or passed around at family events. Weddings, family portrait sessions, and baby’s first-year photos are especially well suited for albums and can be easily flipped through for a trip down memory lane.
- Wooden Box Print your favorite photo on the lid of a wooden box and the recipient will be reminded of a special moment every time they open it. Take it one step further and fill the box with a sentimental item that correlates to the photo.
- Large Prints and Wall Displays Everyone appreciates a large print in a nice frame that can be admired at their home or office. Photos can also be printed on canvas, metal and acrylic, or choose a selection of photos and create several pieces for a collage wall or cluster display.
- Calendar Share twelve separate memories in one with a desk or wall calendar. Photo calendars are a beloved classic and get good use. Plus it doesn’t limit you to having to choose just one photo and the pages can be saved and repurposed after each month has passed.
- Magnets This is an affordable and easy option you can gift everyone in your family, and you know they’ll get prominently displayed.
- Ornaments Create an ornament or gift tag with your favorite photo and attach it to a wedding, birthday, or holiday gift.
- Phone Cases Let’s face it, we’re always holding our phones so this gift would get a lot of exposure, and it’s an easy way to identify your phone.
- Coasters Personalized photo coasters are both versatile and practical. Who could cry at spilled milk when one of your favorite photos is staring back at you?
Interested in placing a holiday order? Let us know. Orders typically take two weeks but can be rushed in time for Christmas if received before December 17.
If you really want to shine this year give the gift of a family portrait session or baby’s first year session–the experience and the lasting memories make for the ultimate photo gift. Contact us for details and quotes.
Happy gift giving!